Here at Futureprint we are constantly making changes to help us become more environmentally friendly.
Some of the changes we have implemented to date..
1) Recycling bins in both the factory and the offices to ensure we are recycling as much as we possibly can.
2) The introduction of electric company vehicles and electric vehicle charging points.
3) We have moved from single use plastic packaging tape to 100% recycleable and biodegradable tape. All jobs are packaged in fully recycleable packaging.
4) Low power LED lighting installed throughout the factory and offices.
Here’s what else we’re doing
All of our paper suppliers source their paper from sustainable sources, which means their products come from managed woodlands, so for every tree harvested 2 new trees are planted.
Recently one of our sales representatives spent a day planting trees helping to create new native woodland in Lincolnshire. More than 1,500 trees were planted at The Prince William of Gloucester Barracks in Grantham as part of Premier Paper’s Carbon Capture programme and the Woodland Trust’s Woodland Carbon Scheme.
We joined more than 65 other people in rolling up their sleeves to plant 1,500 trees at the Lincolnshire Barracks. We are demonstrating our commitment to environmental responsibilities and a tree planting event like this allows us to see for ourselves and be part of what we are supporting by participating in Premier Paper’s Carbon Capture programme.
We aim to be an environmentally friendly Company and it is our intention to promote a policy that is focused on being green aware. A culture will be fostered within the company that ensures all employees understand they can make a significant contribution to Futureprint being an environmentally friendly and green aware company.
Our policy is to comply or exceed the requirements of environmental legislation and regulation.
1) We will review and explore measures for the reduction of volumes of all waste materials generated.
2) We will explore opportunities for recycling all possible waste materials. Our ultimate aim will be to recycle any waste materials that can be recycled.
3) We will aim to reduce levels of energy consumption. We will introduce working practices that requires computers, lights, photocopiers and printers to be "switched off" when not in use. We will also ensure that heating, lighting and ventilation are used efficiently and effectively.
4) We aim to purchase energy efficient products where possible and appropriate.
5) Additionally, the Company will explore whether environmentally friendly products can be purchased when buying any equipment for use withing the company.
6) We will review opportunities and consider implementing measures for the reduction of the use of water.
7) We will aim to reduce levels of pollution emissions wherever possible.
8) We will ensure that all employees are made aware and have access to a copy of our environmental policy. The Company will regularly review the policy to ensure that we are a green aware and environmentally friendly organisation.